Author Topic: Hydroponic drug lab shut down in Boksburg - News24  (Read 1282 times)

Offline 420SA

• Admin
Hydroponic drug lab shut down in Boksburg - News24
« on: January 22, 2015, 12:20:47 PM »
Sheer kak reporting from News24 again. Besides from the same old use of the scare word "Laboratory",  read the article and take note of their definition of Hydroponics  :-hilarious

Article Link - http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Hydroponic-drug-lab-shut-down-in-Boksburg-20150121

Offline Totemic

• Breeder & 420SA Sponsor
Re: Hydroponic drug lab shut down in Boksburg - News24
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 12:26:56 PM »
Hectic dude! Even the Tortoises got arrested!  :-hilarious

Edit: And how do you grow a plant underwater?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:19:01 PM by Totemic »

Offline 420SA

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 03:04:29 PM »
I see potential humidity issues growing a plant underwater  :-puffin  :-hilarious

Offline Toby

• Forum Mod
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 03:35:44 PM »
they most thinking of how to grow seaweed :-hilarious :-hilarious

Garethleauk

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 03:42:06 PM »
WTF, how can they even try put it in the same class at TIK or Meth or some drugs that are made in a laboratory, what a bunch of shmucks.

Maxwell

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 05:55:49 PM »
As much as we all hate the "laboratory" label, it isn't too far off is it? Controlled conditions for achieving whatever experiment/result (Dry bud in this case). I'm not denying the stigma attached nor media hyperbole, but a laboratory sounds kinda exactly what I want when growing....

As for the Tortoises, well we're already picking and choosing our laws (LAWS not rights/constitutional/moral etc.) so the relocation of the animals seems legit to me? 

Offline 420SA

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 09:48:53 AM »
Here's oxford's definition of Laboratory: "A room or building equipped for scientific experiments, research, or teaching, or for the manufacture of drugs or chemicals"

So in ways yes, in others no. When I think of a lab, I think of chemistry and various substances being conjured up. Perhaps that's television & Breaking Bad that has done that to me though...   :fish

Offline Totemic

• Breeder & 420SA Sponsor
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 10:06:56 AM »
Where plants are involved, the only time I say it can be referred to as a laboratory, it has to be at least a plant tissue culture environment, where absolute sterility is a necessity ( such as in a pathology lab ).

An indoor grow environment is hardly a sterile lab environment where anything is manufactured, since Cannabis is not manufactured but produced as all plant material is.

What's worse, is the constant connection they seem to be making with "hydroponics" and "laboratory" .  I have no idea on exact stats, but a large percentage of our perishable veg is produced in tunnels with hydroponics. These sectors of our farming aren't referred to as laboratories.  :sillyass