Whatsup with the hate?

Chrislovesdagga

It's only the people that don't like change and that have to find something to bitch about. Like everything in life it has its pros and cons, if you don't like it don't do it...simple, but no need to rant on people who do prefer to go that route. Could also be the Kak growers out there that rely on the fact that they are able to fix things a little easier than with an auto. I personally have never run one but I'm keen to try, especially these super Autos going around. You run a Super Auto yet?

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

I don't hate on autos personally, I just wouldn't buy an auto seed out of choice.  I prefer control over when the plant starts to flower as you can decide how big you want the plant to be. I also don't trust the genetics. I don't fully know the science behind how they make it flower automatically but it's been manipulated to behave "unnaturally" and that just puts me off and to me seems likely to produce issues.  I guess its a purist thing. If I had the choice I'd only be growing out regulars as even fems tend to have their issues but the pros outweigh the cons in that case. To this day the fattest buds I have grown out came from a reg seed....

I wouldn't say autos are any easier to grow than regs or fems either. The feeding regimen stays the same. I also can't see how changing the light hours is a hassle. The only way I can see it being a hassle is if the grower can't afford a timer and therefore wants to run on a permanent 24h light schedule all the way through. In that case the excessive electricity used would actually far exceed the price of a timer....  Also, you can't clone autos.

The only use I see for autos is outdoors, where the seasons dictate when your plant will flower. You can cheat that with autos and get more harvests in a year. Again, I'm not hating or being funny here but that is the only benefit I see to autos. What I see a lot is that beginner growers almost always think that autos are the one's to go for but personally I would never suggest it to them. As Josh says, they don't give you turnaround time so if you stuff up along the way you are costing yourself come harvest time or you may not be able to recover the plant.

Wow, thanks for the considered replies you guys.

I was actually thinking of ditching my regular seeds and rather try to get my hands on autos.  I'm only off early on Fridays when I want to go buy the freedom farm soil, PH thingy, nutes and just the one pot.

I'll be doing outdoors, but most of back yard is covered roofing and it's totally paved up, so I need pots. Yeah I need pot too lolz!

As far as I understand the ruderalis strain is a Russian strain of cannabis that has evolved to withstand the harsh weather and adapted to propagate without the need for huge amounts of sun and the fem seeds are created by spraying like silver water on the plant which then somehow tricks a female plant to have a sex change in going into like survival mode. 

I guess I can try to grow my normal seeds, but following on what you guys are saying it still sounds like autos is the way I should go and thanks for pointing out autos and super autos, I'll definitely keep an eye out for those. Luckily that hydro shop is right around the corner from me and so I'll definitely follow you guys advice to use the freedom soil and stuff. 

But like why can't you clone autos? I have rooting hormone and everything already.... You mos just make a cutting and dip it in the powder then roots spring out, why is this a problem for autos.

Sheesh, how do you guys know so much, you must be growing for years huh...

So a brief read says that autoflowering is a genetic trait that evolved in strains that were situated in areas with very long days. Makes more sense than the assumption I had that breeders manipulate like they do with fems

With regard to clones... I would like clarity on this as well cause my assumption is that if you grow out an auto seed and then top it and use the top as a clone, the clone will still flower at the same time as the mother plant and not "reset", so you really wont have much time to clone. Im not even sure if auto growers do top the plant?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Read this article  https://www.zamnesia.com/blog-is-it-possible-to-take-clones-from-an-autoflowering-strain-n1398

It says basically what you're saying, but it does sound like it can still be done, like technically, if you really want to....

All it means is that you will have a smaller plant with less bud, but I mean, that can actually be a pro if you are scared to grow too big plants that draws attention.....

Good morning guys...

I joined a comparative grow on another forum cpl months ago when Dutch Passion was sponsoring a Brooklyn Sunrise and BlueDreamatic auto seed giveaway to anyone who wanted to partake..... Well the comparative grows are almost over and my seeds only just arrived a cpl weeks ago.....haha

But what's been interesting is the guys have grown in all mediums from soil to hydro dwc you name it.. You can clone autos but because your clone is only as old as the mother auto your growth and yield is affected so 9/10 times that clone looks like a sucker on a stick if that makes sense just a nug on top and a side branch if you lucky....

But you can tops/train lst cropping most of the same techniques we would use on a photoperiod strain but because of an autos growth pattern you have a small window within which you can top the plant and then train lst or otherwise...

I believe the window is between 18-21 days old for topping but I will find the info for you before the day is out for those interested....

The reason I became interested in autos is my sis-Inlaw has Crohn's disease and Dinafem has a pure cbd auto basically called " Dinamed " which is 0.1-0.5 thc and 10-14% cbd which is perfect for Crohn's due to its medical properties..

So after doing some research I found a regular auto cannabis strain called " Kush van Stitch " which means you can collect pollen from the male auto and use on the fem auto so that's what I was thinking is crossing the 2 to get the best out of both strains..... I know there's a lot more to it crossing strains than just pollen chucking but this is the base I'd like to start with........

Then I can also pollinate the other auto strains I have which is 

NL/BB auto fem

WW auto fem

AK47 auto fem

Brooklyn Sunrise auto fem

BlueDreamatic auto fem

Kush van Stich regular autos

Dr.Shiva super auto fem

Kush auto fem

Have a great day guys....

image.jpg.dd8f71fc9f58a4e759474b63a9de64d8.jpg

Trophy seeds are great, the only issue is the damn price. You don't feel it's a bit harsh

I was well impressed with Trophy seeds service and I really hope he goes the distance. I don't think he's overpriced, I assume he orders from seed banks overseas(retail) and so has to make some kind of profit.

• 3 weeks later...

Trophy seeds are great, the only issue is the damn price. You don't feel it's a bit harsh

I was well impressed with Trophy seeds service and I really hope he goes the distance. I don't think he's overpriced, I assume he orders from seed banks overseas(retail) and so has to make some kind of profit.

As nico explained to me the  import taxes and European prices in $ and £ it can cost 200 plus per bean

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

So, reading some posts here and there and even on one of the hotbox shows, people just seem to hate on autos for some reason?

Why is that? Isn't it quicker, easier, less hassles with the whole light thing and more problem free?

Why do seasoned growers seem to hate on autos so much?

Sup Chris

Ive recemt got into autos and i must say for those gaps between photoperiod hatvests the autos make up for smoke stock, and ive grown a few now and have another 20 that have sprouted already they have really surprised me with yields of around 150g per plant but like i did and still do... buy normal fems for mothers and clone them ,but the autos i let them grow how they want to and i get very decent bud took one grow to make me grow both now .

SBA

So, reading some posts here and there and even on one of the hotbox shows, people just seem to hate on autos for some reason?

Why is that? Isn't it quicker, easier, less hassles with the whole light thing and more problem free?

Why do seasoned growers seem to hate on autos so much?

Sup Chris

Ive recemt got into autos and i must say for those gaps between photoperiod hatvests the autos make up for smoke stock, and ive grown a few now and have another 20 that have sprouted already they have really surprised me with yields of around 150g per plant but like i did and still do... buy normal fems for mothers and clone them ,but the autos i let them grow how they want to and i get very decent bud took one grow to make me grow both now .

SBA

Supp Sir

Good, thanks for the tip, when winter rolls around I'll definitely try getting my hands on some autos then.

It's quite surprising how much the yield is, but it's super great news....