420SA's Perpetual Paradys

420SA

Howzit guys

It’s been bloody ages since my last grow so I couldn't be happier to finally be going again!

I’m gonna be doing a mixed medium run this time i.e both organic and hydro. Doing a side by side comparison so that should be rather interesting. I'm still a noob when it comes to organic growing, this being my 2nd proper attempt at it, but I learn't a lot the last time round so hopefully I can work off that.

Here are the specifics of the grow:

Organic

For older plants I'll be using my own living soil mix. This is my 2nd grow with this recipe. A lot of my amendments were sourced from Organics Matter. Highly recommend them.

For seedlings, clones and young plants I'll be using my basic seedling mix.

Feeding regime

Once again I plan to opt for as little bottled nute as possible.

Coconut water - worked wonders for me last time.

Kelp tea

Compost Tea

Fulvic & Humic

If I run into issues I'll be getting some Biobizz

Hydro

Medium: Coco/Perlite 60/40

Nutrients: Nutriplex Trio

Supplements: Gthydro Calmag, Hortishop Silica.

The Genetics

Thanks to the incredible efficiency of our local post office I have been waiting for a seed order from the UK since the end of May. According to tracking, it's been sitting at our customs since the 30th of June. I can't get an update from them either as I've sat waiting 40 minutes on the phone for an operator, twice, with no luck. My impatience couldn't hold any longer so I went ahead and made some local orders.

Currently I'll be running:

3 x Purple Orange CBD seeds by Dinafem - to make high CBD oil (will be referred to as P.O in this thread)

1 x Blue Kush by Dinafem ( will be referred to as B.K in this thread)

1 x Amherst Sour Diesel by Humboldt Seed Organisation  (will be referred to as A.S.D in this thread)

Once the other seeds arrive(hopefully), I'll be getting those going.

The Environment

Veg

150x150cm tent for 1st round of veg. 80x80cm tent thereafter

Flower

150x150cm tent

Current Situation

All seeds successfully germinated in under 48 hours. The Purple Orange seeds all germinated in just a shade over 24 hours.

2 Purple Orange seeds went into the organic seedling mix. The other purple orange, the Blue Kush and the Sour Diesel went into a coco/perlite mix. I will be cloning later on, placing into the different mediums, so that the accurate comparisons can be made. The pots are currently in a cabinet under a LED for the germination stage, these will go in the tent soon so I can expose them to some air movement as soon as possible. They'll be starting under a 250w MH.

Below is a shot of the pots this morning. As you can see the two P.O organic seedlings are starting to emerge. Those seeds were placed in their medium quite a while before the others as the seeds germinated sooner.

I'll try keep this thread updated by the week, or as often as possible.

Have a good weekend!

:-peace

Xj03wzi.jpg

P.O Organic Seedlings Emerging

BkkP8wX.jpg

y7TyKiz.jpg

• Like 2

Nice brother, let me sneak in herehow are you finding your tents? My 1.5m x 1.5m was quite flimsy, so I added the PVC, would love some aluminium poles but no funds atm. LoL have a great day

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

Nice brother, let me sneak in herehow are you finding your tents? My 1.5m x 1.5m was quite flimsy, so I added the PVC, would love some aluminium poles but no funds atm. LoL have a great day

They are quite flimsy yes but the major issue I have with mine is the overall quality. First it seems they measured things wrong on this one cos the corners of the tent would sit so tight around the frame corners that the majority of the corners tore. In hindsight I should've asked for a replacement... Luckily my wife has sewn them up though. The zips have also been a fuckup with most breaking and the main zip came off which means I have to Macgyver every time I zip up the tent. Zips may have failed cos of the unnecessary extra tension though. My 80x80 tent which seems to come from the exact same factory has none of those issues so I think its a factory fuckup...

Im sure the PVC will do a good deal to make the tent more sturdy. I haven't put my tents roof to a proper test though with cooled hoods etc but I can imagine what it may be like.

I must admit that tent quality isn't that great tbh, my mind wasn't blown but hey this is what we have and what I can afford atm so it'll be good for a while. Mine fitted around the structure well enough even tho I was alone wrestling it up in my room. Luckily no damage with mine for now. I'd love to upgrade to a proper Mammoth Gavita G1 tent but damn... 6/7k for a tent without shipping from Europeland, so expensive but I'd say the quality is point. Saw this one guy test the tent out by hanging on it, didn't break at all

I invested in mars tents. Really good so far. A bit more expensive than the other tents. But hearing your stories I think it was worth it. 1.2x1.2 and 1.2x2.4m

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

My veg tent is a Mars tent. Must say it is better quality, more holes for your long dong duct also

I've got one with the gthydro branding on, i think you do too. They are quite flimsy yes but the major issue I have with mine is the overall quality. First it seems they measured things wrong cos the corners of the tent would sit so tight around the frame corners that the majority of the corners tore. Luckily my wife has sewn them up. The zips have also been a fuckup with most breaking and the main zip came off which means I have to Macgyver every time I zip up the tent. My 80x80 tent which seems to come from the exact same factory has none of those issues so I think its a factory fuckup...

Im sure the PVC will do a good deal to make the tent more sturdy. I haven't put my tents roof to a proper test though with cooled hoods etc but I can imagine what it may be like.

Agree fully about the gthydro zips. Shitty shitty. Rest of my tent still good though, even after a year.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Jip was in Kraaifontein now in Brackenfell. Getting a CMH from them with their new shipment.

The growers choice one?

Quality is costly. If you want ying yang imports, that are hit and miss depending on your pocket, then GT got you, if you want quality, reach deep and buy abroad rather.

Jip was in Kraaifontein now in Brackenfell. Getting a CMH from them with their new shipment.

The growers choice one?

Quality is costly. If you want ying yang imports, that are hit and miss depending on your pocket, then GT got you, if you want quality, reach deep and buy abroad rather.

It is Lumii Solar product. Check it online. What do you think.

All is well and good bruvs. All seedlings are above ground

Ive moved them into the tent under a 250w MH. Soil seedlings were watered Monday night and the hydro seedlings get a low dosage feed today

e076695adc9088a624c631f0231ab76e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nice brother. What ppm you starting out the coco girls with? 300?

Just following the chart at present as my mate still has my tds pen, which miraculously survived the car accident he was involved in, car rolled a few times! Oh ya...  luckily my mate survived too ;D

Quick update

Not much to report. All still looking alright. The P.O organic seedlings stretched a little more than I would've liked but nothing major. They've been getting nothing but water at the moment. They'll be getting a sprouted seed tea mixed with coconut water soon.

Been feeding the hydro seedlings with 3ml per 10L each of Nutriplex

:-peace

IMG_9772.thumb.JPG.e8ac56aa240625f8bad5375fb9700b25.JPG

IMG_9769.thumb.JPG.f5f04f1c9f627b77639f2498ad37fd1f.JPG

IMG_9773.thumb.JPG.12852916c1b74c093f0b5798a31bb305.JPG

IMG_9775.thumb.JPG.7c9d9ff8619829c78a264e3911c1bfaa.JPG

IMG_9774.thumb.JPG.11c8ca48a5e80974d4834423d69daac3.JPG

Time for some SST(sprouted seed tea) for the 2 organics.

Alfalfa seeds were soaked for 8 hours and then drained and left to sit for a day until the seeds sprouted

44b922f063419adaf11e453e8bb9c2df.jpg

Into the blender they go with a bit of water to aid the blend

87314201ee77c5e2a494a6b5f35fce72.jpg

dcc0d475176020e34f75055898923589.jpg

Blended it for about a minute

d42ff420402dbc45691a58d5f92db078.jpg

Contents were then poured into 20L of water and stirred in

23d1c6c3943625c70705e79dd5320444.jpg

There we go

b132f3bfca437ce9c282dd2d6f6ddbfa.jpg

Some lovely seedling juice for these 2 seedlings

150aea9c01a5c64a85a766e0096aed4e.jpg