Don't know which strain (Good or Bad strain?)

Alexsis

Hi All.

Came across some product which was contaminated with seeds. The product was obviously a male plant or Hermaphrodite plant. I wanted to chuck this product in the garden out frustration. But then I thought to myself, what if you germinate the seeds contained in this product? The seeds are a mix bag of colors, but the seed structure looks good and well rounded. The colors vary from light green to the dark brown with tiger stripes on them. I know when the plant starts vegetating then you would be able to see if it is an Indica of Sativa in the leaves.

So now I have a question. Is there a thing such as a "bad strain"? Obviously one have no idea what strain these seeds belong too(unless the experts do). If you had to germinate and grow these seeds making sure you destroy the male plants in time and only keep the females, would that be worth the time and effort?

Any other advise on this subject would be appreciated. 

Afternoon Alexsis, I think that answer question will provide 2 answers. Me personally if it was smoke that you really enjoyed then grow it out and see what you get. If you want to spend cash on name brands them googles your friend.

The main issue with a Hermie is than in itself. You don't wanna have that trait carried over to you grow as she could also Hermie contaminating you whole crop. If pollinated by a male you could grow a few out and select those that carry the traits you seek. You will have a lot of phenos though so it will take some hunting to get what you after. You will have to keep her as a mother plant or use her to make seeds.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Hey so bagseed is always a bit of a risk, but if you're only just trying to grow some weed to smoke, and you aren't trying to perfect that craft just yet.. go for it!

Myself, Hein, and Gnome all have grow journals with bagseed here on 420SA. Take a look at them! Gnome had *MASSIVE SUCCESS*, Hein certainly did well too, I did fine considering the plants spent more than half their life in tiny, overheating pots with shitty soil. xD I found it extra enjoyable looking at the shared traits of the plants that came from the same gene pool because I grew out seeds from several different bags of weed and kept track which were which.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I agree, if you enjoyed the the original strain, then yeah, grow it out and see what happens. You'll be able to see if its a male/hermie before its too late, then cull or move it elsewhere, so that it doesn't affect your current grow. I have a strain that hermies every time, still a pretty good smoke, couch lock of death, however, you do have the seed issue. pick the flowers, reduce the seed, smoke it all....