Prohibition and its far reaching harm

Guest Totemic

So how does prohibition of cannabis affect you on an every day basis?

I'll start.

With cannabis being prohibited, it seems very, very close people to you, i mean family of course, seem to think it's alright to use it against you, and threaten your very freedom.

It is a really sad day for me.

:-meditate

I get that flack from my mom sometimes, she has a rant about me smoking, so I tell her its better than smoking crack every day. And im 29 years old lol

As an adult one has the choice to do anything they want to their own body. If you live under their roof that's another story if you respect them.

Other than that I feel like my rights are violated, having to watch over my shoulder all the time. And yet some dick can go drink himself into the gutter and no one bothers to call the cops on him. I want to smoke in the smokers area or out the front door and not be afraid of being locked up..

Im not much of a drinker so for me to get up at a restaurant and go smoke and come back inside and get a funny loook.... that grinds my gears!!!!!

The connotations that go along with being a weed grower are so much worse than if you, for example, brewed your own beer. Beer brewing has fuckall regulations yet it is more dangerous, more addictive and that list goes on and on. It makes no sense that you could be perceived in such a negative light if you grew weed, especially with it's medicinal properties. It causes absolutely no harm to society or yourself!!!

:-peace

• 2 years later...

I realise the post is an old one but 3 years later the issues remain the same.

I personally would like to get a little advice from those of our community that are parents and particularly those that are parents to prevent teens. Obviously this being my first grow I have come to realise that it's really not something that one can "hide" anymore. Fortunately they have seen (they being a 5yr old Son and 11 year old daughter) the box and plants briefly but have not asked what plants they are etc etc .

Anyhow, it's been on my mind lately as to what I would say as to explaining the reason for use, especially now the the likes of my daughter is being taught Cannabis is a drug among others.

So how have you that are parents entered into this discussion and what was the outcome? I know my kids will love me regardless as we have a great family circle, and are good ppl at heart so the fact that I do and telling them doesn't concern me really lol.

Anyone just thought I'd raise this topic from another point of view.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

My boys are 10 and 11 now, and in the three years since I started this thread I have had to deal with all that same inner turmoil you ponder on, and things have changed a lot for our family.

I for one have gone out of my way to educate my whole family, children included, about the irrationality that is prohibition. I keep arming them with information. 

In the end its a personal thing where your moral compass points to and what you want for your kids. My wife and I have gone as far suggesting they rather experiment with weed than alcohol. They are going to experiment whether we want to believe it or not. But parenting is not so much about what you say but what you do. So I live the kind of lifestyle that contradicts everything prohibition punts, and lead with an example that includes cannabis as part of my daily life.

My best advice will be to be open with your children. Now is the time you get to make a difference. Not by merely growing and sticking it to the law. But you have an opportunity to change the minds of tomorrow. 

:-peace

My son is 13, this being my first grow and you cannot hide it from the people in your house, I included him in all my planning and growing.

As to explaining it, I showed him various articles about the medical benefits and also compared it to alcohol as a recreational “drug”.

He visits me in my grow room regularly and enjoys watching the girls grow.

I believe we should educate our kids to the best of our ability about the positive AND negative aspects of this herb .

Being able to trust your kid not to accidentally blow your cover is another matter.

Being honest and open about my relationship with this plant and it’s properties with my son (that I’m very close to) proved rewarding and I have much less stress that he will try any drugs without consulting me first.

Break the stigma by educating the youth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My two are only 4 and 3, when they were younger they saw box regularly but I have since kept it behind closed doors. I always plants and veggies going around the home.

Been so young if scares the sheeet out of me that they might say something at school (lights, plants, cupboard :-X).

I have them actively involved in there own garden, they plant, spread seedlings out and I show them how to prune where needed, they love it!  But for now that's the only green I want them to know. 

Much agree with Totemic, Zairek and Duracell.. Definitely the route I'll be taking in the next year or two.

My daughter is a bit young to start educating, but I have educated my entire family and wifes family. I supply oil to most of them and all recognise the amazing medical benefits of it and cannot deny the successful treatment of people who use it.

Every morning however, I take my daughter to say good morning to my plants, a little inspection and a wave and a kiss good bye. Im hoping this firstly combats the problem of her trying to pull them out of their pots or pull their leaves off, and secondly in the run up to her communicating and learning, I want her to think of the plants as living things needing to be cared for.

As long as I continue to show her that cannabis usage does not look like the bullshitty media/propoganda driven image that is stereotyped, then there should be no reason for her to grow up with a certain thought prejudice and hopefully she can correct misinformation herself if she comes by it. Im hoping that when this time comes, the laws will have been relaxed in most places globally and there wont be any issues if she had to raise the topic.

You can be fit, healthy, successful, happy, clean and mentally strong while still using cannabis and it doesnt have to prevent you from doing anything. One must always be responsible.. something my parents drummed into me and it still sticks today, in everything i do and experiment with.