led light grows

transkei bones

Sorry if there is a thred about led lights already. I couldt find any so here is what I wanted to find out how many of you guys use led and what kind of results should one get using a 300w led light or a 600w led light nit sure of the brand yet but they the ones hydroherbafrica sell? Hope to hear from the pros tks much appreciated

I havnt tried led yet either but im also interested in trying it 600 watt of led is alot of led tho lol but id also like to hear opinions about led aspecially those flower powers basically what i want to know is it better than HPS for flowering or if i use both will it increase my yield? Im strugglin to get over 100grams on 1 plant after curing yet other growers say they do it easily 

Guest Maxwell

What unit did you settle on and what did it cost you? I would love to grow under LED, but it is way too expensive for me. What spectrum ratio did you choose and why?  :-peace

Guest Maxwell

I can't see that product on their site? Does it give you a breakdown of the ratio of spectrums? Any UV or "Far Red"? You're going to get some frost for sure!

Hi max u wont find it on the site. I gave them a call wanting to purchase the 300w one that's on the site and was told they out of stock BUT they have just recived there new stock witch included this new 600w led . And so that's it I said yes ill take one purly on trusting the word of my salesan. Im keen to get it up and running so the results can be seen

Hi dutch what brand of 600wled are u going to be using and at the price they are a couple of them going to dent the cash flow properly .what size room are u going to be setting up in? So u say led on its own might not do the whole job on its own? Would u mind posting the link u get ur info on led grows so I could have a brows. Thanks for the reply any advice is much appreciated.

Guest Maxwell

Ah, shot. Thought you might be reluctant to share your investment amount. That is pretty pricey! But time will tell whether it pays off! Perhaps you could keep a detailed log of electricity consumption too? So we can see how the LED saves money in the long run. Some serious frost coming your way! Remember to keep the panel far enough away, light bleaching is very easily achieved with LED.  :-stoned

Hi dutch what brand of 600wled are u going to be using and at the price they are a couple of them going to dent the cash flow properly .what size room are u going to be setting up in? So u say led on its own might not do the whole job on its own? Would u mind posting the link u get ur info on led grows so I could have a brows. Thanks for the reply any advice is much appreciated.

Shaun 600W of LED is a lot of light! You should have more than enough if you plan to grow no more than 4 plants. I don't reckon you should consider spending more money on lighting, especially for a first grow!  :-peace

No point in not sharing we all here to help each other or thats atleast what I hope we do here. :-clap I agree with u 420 TO  be honest if all works out it will save me a small fortune in the end I have on a few occasions drop more than that on puff in a month. Im tired of crap quality and over paying stupid prices for it.

And to you max the 300 w light draws 600mah  thats less than my ipod docking stationa that uses a 1 amp transformer. Im guessing the 600w should b double that and still that kind of consumption is very minimal. Will post the actual specs as soon as I get the light into my gruby paws

Guest Maxwell

Awesome stuff Shaun!! My hands are sweaty already! As for cost wise, well growing your own under that much dedicated light, well I don't think one can even buy such high grade weed??

oh my sticky sticky buds this  light is brighter than the sun. but there is a problem. the semi stealth box let no light out. but now I have to try and light proof the whole room before I open the grow box doors.  wtf now two choices try sort the room out or some how change the light cycle to be on during day light hours. whats it going to b

Morning guys so first 12hours on went good just a few issues to sort out but otherwise its unbelievable how bright this beast is. just a quick one for the guys that wouldnt mind giving me some advice.im new to this and bought a ph tester the soil comes up as 5  on the one pot the other is 5.5 WHAT TO DO?