First time bho...

theyettie

Hi all.  I gonna attempt making BHO and then infusing it into MCT oil with added lecithin.  I understand the process and the risks involved, so those aspects are covered, but I do have some questions and would really appreciate input from the pro's here.

1.  Why is stainless steel mesh preferred over coffee filters and where do I get the right mesh?

2.  I'm planning to use low heat (double boiler) to purge, that is sufficient right?

3.  If the answer to number 2 is no, where does one get the right gear for vacuum purging?

4.  Must I put the herb and butane in the freezer?  It seems that no-one can agree on this... I get the fact that the actual butane can would probably not enjoy the -15C in the freezer, but as I understand it when you freeze the flower, the trichomes detach easier, so maybe just freeze the herb then?

5.  If I use 20g, hopefully get a 10% yield, which will give me 2g extract.  My plan is then to infuse this into 10ml of MCT, giving me 200mg/ml.  I'm trying to create a rudimentary "metered dose" this way.  Am I making sense?

6.  I've got absolutely no idea how these closed loop systems work, so my first couple of attempts will be open blasting, just to get a feel for butane.  Maybe later I'll invest in close loop if it's worth it.

Let's have a chat!

• 1 year later...