DSC_0675.thumb.JPG.62ae76ee277506f75d244d284231abc1.JPG

DSC_0676.thumb.JPG.e4e423a21243153a27085eff9da77e13.JPG

DSC_0677.thumb.JPG.478b097d1ec7383174dfcf28aa59c343.JPG

DSC_0678.thumb.JPG.1fd59a5aba77c991d4a5e6d334e62389.JPG

DSC_0681.thumb.JPG.80d696072320954a317331c3945c6668.JPG

DSC_0682.thumb.JPG.e3b853fff62ec352c3139be361f0f2ce.JPG

DSC_0684.thumb.JPG.5a5539687ad9abccc24160c1b9d2530c.JPG

Nice one.

Stainless steel filters are the best and cable ties work, but dont try cut them off. Use a pointy tool and just losen the stop of the tie and itll come lose.

Ive ordered a DabLabz closed column extractor, should be arriving tomorrow. Look pretty decent and for 10-15g. Local setup in JNB, check em out on facebook if you interested in a closed column rather than an open blast column which ultimately wastes... Im not expert at BHO, but the longer you can expose the terps to the butane, the more you may get out, and more of a variety as well. So closed is ideal, and in fact a closed loop system is the best.

remember you need to purge the BHO quite well, ideally with a vacuum purge, to make sure you have absolutely all impurities and butane removed. You could do this over time double boiling the wax until you are sure no butane remains.

Well i will try a stainless steel flask at some point at this point it is collecting stems 

I intend to cool the butane to as cold as my freezer can go and the flask cover the product in butane and back to the freezer that way you get long exposure and no evaporation vapour point of butane is 1°c

Well i will try a stainless steel flask at some point at this point it is collecting stems

I intend to cool the butane to as cold as my freezer can go and the flask cover the product in butane and back to the freezer that way you get long exposure and no evaporation vapour point of butane is 1°c

Spose you could do that, then take it out, filter it again... Might kill two birds with one stone like that, wont need to winterize afterwards perhaps.

Just remember to purge well...

Don't freeze the tane. Those cans aren't made for that kind of treatment. Don't collect liquid tane and don't blast inside. And winterizing is very different from "dewaxing", which you would still do when the tane is liquid in a loop.

Don't freeze the tane. Those cans aren't made for that kind of treatment. Don't collect liquid tane and don't blast inside. And winterizing is very different from "dewaxing", which you would still do when the tane is liquid in a loop.

Butane freeze at -140°c my freezer dont go that cold hell it does not even go below the cans lowest working temperature -40°c 

So why should I not put my butane in the freezer

the logic is that freezing the butane causes it to liquify, which takes up more space within the can compared to the gas. You have some butane in gas form, and some in liquid form and together this can cause a rupture or a leak. This will cause butane to leak out and potentially find an ignition sources and well the rest is sort of self explanatory.

Colder the temps, the more chance this can occur. there are benefits to freezing the butane, but probably not the best idea in the freezer anyway.

Honestly though the butane comes out cold enough I think, but if using an open blast then you definitely want it as cold as possible.

Ok wow i did not know ignorance ran this high 

1. The butane in the can is liquid (basic fucking chemistry a gass under pressure becomes liquid)

2. The process of turning liquid to gas is a endothermic reaction  (this means it gets colder as it turns to gass)

3. Putting the can in the freezer would reduce the thermal shock and remember the -1 boiling point of butane  (where it turns back to gass) if you keep the temperature below -1 butane will stay liquid and not make the can colder 

4. If you use your can at room temperature your can will reach temperatures of -20°c in Seconds 

5. THE LOWEST OPPERATING TEMPERATURE OF THE CAN IS -40°c

If there was only an unlike button for your previous post. Drop the attitude or at least keep it out of the forum. This isnt your personal soapbox to rant on.

Trying to build an archive of useful information, and while you do add this, your dick comment is not needed.

People are also free to direct any thread in a direction of safety as opposed to cowboy moves. Do what you do, and hope it works for you, but safety is always first. Especially when you are messing with a tin that could very well blow up at any time. Thats common sense.

:sillyass