Author Topic: Outdoor winter into spring flower?  (Read 366 times)

Offline Jland

• Young Tree
Outdoor winter into spring flower?
« on: July 20, 2017, 12:01:11 AM »
Ahoys folks, hope everyone is well?

I am an indoor guy, only because of past locations..buuuuuut now I have space ;D.

I have started a little project outdoors.
I put a few ladies outside begining of July to flower out into end of August  begining September. I have been through I don't know how many forums etc.. and none really give you a clear picture.. 
Big factors seem to be temp and hours of direct sun.

They are doing really well! No lockouts just a slight stunt from the cold. They were all vegged for about 3-4weeks inside. 

Anyone with any experience on the topic please share your experience.

P.s. the plan is to have a small harvest, cut the ladies right down, then transplant, reveg for a summer grow.

Happy growing everyone :poke
Peace :-rastapuff

Offline Jland

• Young Tree
Re: Outdoor winter into spring flower?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 05:01:59 AM »
I'll just keep this thread up dated with what's happening here.
Please anyone feel free to throw in any input.

They have all got little pre flowers, the G13xDP has got well developed jelly's already as well as the JBxDP thee others are a little slower, but getting there.
:-peace

Offline Jland

• Young Tree
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 08:53:58 PM »
Well I checked the desk pad pad today and it's 17 days that since I put the girls outside. 

The G13xDP is quite frosty already and the JBxDP has some beautiful colour amongst her pistils, like a dark maroon. 
The Northern lights and Aurora that's with them look at least week younger bit full of young pistils.

The one Aurora and the one NL have already received some pollen from the Blue DreamxDp male. Will continue tomorrow with another tap of daddy.

Offline Adman

• Just Germed
  • Peace - Love - Ganja
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 02:19:45 PM »
Hey dude :rastabananaI vegged 2 ladies indoors for about 4 weeks and then moved them outside to flower, I bring them inside at night though. Happy with the density and terpenes of the flowers from the minimal sunlight they have been getting, getting quite frosty as well

Offline Jland

• Young Tree
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 02:57:30 PM »
Ahoys bro :goodposting they looking awesome! Nice and stacked too. 

I have not been bringing mine in at night but I think by the end of (or close to) of next month I might have to because of dark hours becoming less. Going to to let them go as far as I can. Next winter I'll start them outside in June if I have to intervene next month to ensure my 12 hours darkness all the way through flower.

Been doing a lot of reading up on this and seems like anything from 5hours up of direct light is sufficient. What strain is that Adam? FrOstY!!!

I have a Big Budah Cheese that I want to flower outside and bring in at night, she is almost in week 3 of pre veg.

Offline Jland

• Young Tree
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 01:27:56 PM »
Day 25 for the ladies outside. Dragged then in twice because of some real nasty rain and wind, thought they were going o up root and pull a Dorothy on me! 

But overall they doing well and getting some good light..
Growth is definitely slower on the Aurora and the Northern light bit the G13xDP and JBxDP are crusing along nicely.

Everyone got a good flush down to 0.400 then fed a 1.200

A bit concerned about the weeks ahead as far as dark hours go, the gap between dusk and dawn is tightening. Might start covering them up or brining in at night, will see how it unfoldzzz ::)

Offline Jimmy-z

• Seedling
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 09:16:59 AM »
They're looking really good. I started mine end of May on a windowsill & moved outside full time a few weeks ago.

Offline Jland

• Young Tree
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 10:35:47 PM »
Ahoys Jimmy-z.

Thanks bro! I must upload some new pics, things just been a bit busy. I started moving them in at night last week Tuesday. Dusk and dawn has killed my 12 hours sleep time now. 

Next year I want to start some in May/June and hopefully have them bud out without having to intervene.

What you got growing  bud?

Offline Jimmy-z

• Seedling
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 07:49:57 AM »
Ahoys Jimmy-z.

Thanks bro! I must upload some new pics, things just been a bit busy. I started moving them in at night last week Tuesday. Dusk and dawn has killed my 12 hours sleep time now.

Next year I want to start some in May/June and hopefully have them bud out without having to intervene.

What you got growing  bud?

I got a royale haze (entered it in the seed comp) & 2 amnesia kush. My first grows. Popped another royale haze & that's going into a spot I'm preparing outside in 5 weeks or so. The weather hasn't been all that great with some strong winds but they've survived ... with a little bit of damage.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Offline Jland

• Young Tree
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 04:57:52 PM »
Nice beans for a first grow Jimmy! 
Sounds like you going to run them the full season? Results are going to be insane I'm sure!:-rollitup 

I think there is going to be some crazy grows happening around the summer!!

Yeah weather has been a bit unpredictable and there is a lot more still coming! 
Late September is usually a safe time to avoid the weather nasties if going into the ground. 
They are resilient tho and can bounce back from just about anything, gotta love her :poke  

Peace bro :-moonwalk

Offline Jland

• Young Tree
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 05:26:24 PM »
So 16 days later... Wow time fly's :-stoned

Day 41 for the ladies outside.
JBxDP has gone completely purple! This is quite a strong characteristic of the Jilly Bean that was obviously dominant in the crossing. The buds look a bit weird.. Don't know if they ever going to fill out.. hmm ::)  . She has a very sweet sour smell.

G13xDP is looking good, so frosty and slowly filling out. Amazing fruity punch smell.

The NL and Aurora have eventually caught up after a very slow start. Started bringing ladies in at night since last Tuesday to ensure uninterrupted 12 hours darkness.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:29:04 PM by Jland »

Offline Gnome

• 4th Node
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 05:55:26 PM »
Can't wait to see your reveging process

Offline Jland

• Young Tree
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 06:22:44 PM »
Ahoys Gnome. By the looks of the ladies, I think I'll prob only re veg the G13xDP and Northern Light. Not to impressed by the JBxDP besides her pretty leaves and smell.

But yeah they going to make for a very exciting summer grow :rastabanana

Been following yours there too. Your going to have tops x 1000 on those revegged ladies (BUDS!!!). I'm quite excited to see to what extent they going to explode!!

Peace brother

Offline Jimmy-z

• Seedling
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2017, 10:20:52 AM »
A quick update on mine. They're now at week 4 of flowering :D I've trimmed a few yellowed leaves to open it up for a bit more light. They both have an amazing citrus smell...

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Offline Jland

• Young Tree
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2017, 10:48:17 AM »
Ahoys Jimmy-z. They looking good bro, nice and stacked too. They going to fill out into some nice colas!!

I introduced my phone to a cup of coffee so half of it don't function well anymore including cam. I been taking with an older phone, must just transfer over and put them up. 
Will up date soon.