A few Beginner Things

Guest Reaper

Guest Reaper

Hello Greenthumbs!

I hope this is not in the wrong section, if so, sorry mods.

I have been researching on a few things and have some questions I am hoping someone could help me with.

I am feeding plants with Seagro at the moment on every watering (3rd day), but Ive been told to use Biobizz instead but there are three, I know the Bio-Bloom is  for Flower.

But during Veg, what is better Bio-Grow or Fish-Mix? It seems that Bio-Grow would be better as its Beetsugar and Fish emulsion?

Ive only ever been growing with MH/HPS, I want to go LED now, what is the better option here, I know we are very limited with selection but i can find these:

From Grow Guru @ 5K for 1000W

From GTH @ 9K for a 430W

From GTH @ 3.5K for 180W

Now Im no rocket scientist, but the 1st option seems to be the better one?

Shottallot!

Can you use alongside BioBizz Bio Grow?

We’re often asked this and the answer is no; use one or the other. Both products are growth promoters and using them together will flood your soil with too much nitrogen. With BioBizz nutrients, growers tend to use either Bio Grow and Bio Bloom throughout, or Fish Mix and Bio Bloom as main nutrients, and then use organic additives (such as Alg-A-Mic and Top Max) on top to boost plant development.

From Grow Guru @ 5K for 1000W............... what light is the 1000 watt replacing? 600hps or a 400hps. Will you be using this from start to finish 

Guest Reaper

Can you use alongside BioBizz Bio Grow?

We’re often asked this and the answer is no; use one or the other. Both products are growth promoters and using them together will flood your soil with too much nitrogen. With BioBizz nutrients, growers tend to use either Bio Grow and Bio Bloom throughout, or Fish Mix and Bio Bloom as main nutrients, and then use organic additives (such as Alg-A-Mic and Top Max) on top to boost plant development.

From Grow Guru @ 5K for 1000W............... what light is the 1000 watt replacing? 600hps or a 400hps. Will you be using this from start to finish

Hi @Thatoneguy.

Cool stuff, so I will be using the Bio-Grow going forward. I wasnt planning on using both, just wanted to know wich is best the Bio-grow or Fish-mix. but Yeah im going with Only the Bio-grow.

The light will be replacing a 400W MH/HPS light. It will be used start to finish, yes.

I would recommend looking into cmh lighting . I personally am going to be changing my veg side to the 315w cmh fixtures  replacing my 600mh and replacing 2 of my 1000w hps with 2 630w de cmh. Cmh lighting is the closest to the sun's spectrum you can get indoor and showing amazing results. You could look at getting the 630w de fixture and dim it down for veg.

Guest Reaper

I would recommend looking into cmh lighting . I personally am going to be changing my veg side to the 315w cmh fixtures  replacing my 600mh and replacing 2 of my 1000w hps with 2 630w de cmh. Cmh lighting is the closest to the sun's spectrum you can get indoor and showing amazing results. You could look at getting the 630w de fixture and dim it down for veg.

Thanks @Green Leaf Organics. Ive never seen these lights, I am doing a bit of researching now.

Can you tell me are they cheaper on electricity than LEDs, can I get them Locally and how much would a setup like this be?

Can you recommend any of the LED lights I posted earlier?

Hi bud

I personally am not a fan of led lighting , they are fine for micro and small tents under 1m x 1m but if you want to get the most out of your grow I would go hid or cmh.

Google cmh lighting fixtures and have a look what the net says about them , there's a lot of benifits in cmh including a 37%-45% saving on power over hps/MH. The cmh produce a absolutely beautiful spectrum light with a really high Par and cri rating. They also have your UV in the spectrum so will have a little extra resin and crystal production.

Have a look into it and see what you think but I feel it's quiet a good option for you.

Growguru has ordered a few in the range to start and should arrive in a few weeks and as far as I know he is the only one in the country so far that will carry stock. He is getting...

315w  SE complete fixture (ballast , remote , reflector and hangers)

630w DE complete fixture

315w SE ballast ( can be used with regular hoods)

Hi bud

I personally am not a fan of led lighting , they are fine for micro and small tents under 1m x 1m but if you want to get the most out of your grow I would go hid or cmh.

Google cmh lighting fixtures and have a look what the net says about them , there's a lot of benifits in cmh including a 37%-45% saving on power over hps/MH. The cmh produce a absolutely beautiful spectrum light with a really high Par and cir rating. They also have your UV in the spectrum so will have a little extra resin and crystal production.

Have a look into it and see what you think but I feel it's quiet a good option for you.

Growguru has ordered a few in the range to start and should arrive in a few weeks and as far as I know he is the only one in the country so far that will carry stock. He is getting...

315w  SE complete fixture (ballast , remote , reflector and hangers)

630w DE complete fixture

Hi guys

I've been watching your chat with great interest as I am about to buy some lights and am trying to decide.

GLO , you reckon a 315CMH better than dual spectrum 400w sunmaster hps?

Guest Reaper

Hi bud

Google cmh lighting fixtures and have a look what the net says about them , there's a lot of benifits in cmh including a 37%-45% saving on power over hps/MH. The cmh produce a absolutely beautiful spectrum light with a really high Par and cir rating. They also have your UV in the spectrum so will have a little extra resin and crystal production.

315w  SE complete fixture (ballast , remote , reflector and hangers)

630w DE complete fixture

Hi guys

I've been watching your chat with great interest as I am about to buy some lights and am trying to decide.

GLO , you reckon a 315CMH better than dual spectrum 400w sunmaster hps?

@Brown-dawg Ive been on the webs since GLO gave me the info, From everything i can find the CMH is definitely better in terms of Power usage and Better Light spectrum. It also comes with its own risks, that being UV, so if you spen long periods in your garden you would need some protection, thats about the worst con, well that and initial setup costs.

I have also been in contact with GrowGuru, and Man, I mean Really great service from them and they are Very helpfull, I am waiting for their stock to land, Will let you know if I go with it, Its estimated to be here in 2 weeks.

I will be looking at getting the 315w  SE complete, Some reviews on the net say its equivalent (and some even say better) than a 1000W HPS!! I dont know and will only confirm this once ive done a run myself.

Hi bud

Yea the 315w SE is deffinately be a better bet than the 400w sunmaster from what I have seen.

@Reaper I have seen it said as well that a 315w SE keeps up with a 1000w but I am very scepticle with that. I would say the 315w SE is equal to a 600w , I have gone with the 630w de to test against my 1000w fixtures

Awesome:-)

Agree with you, grow guru very helpful dude. Stock was all wiped out last time I popped round which I guess, is a sign that growing weed is a budding business :-tongue in cheek

• 2 months later...