Humidipaks?

Deebo420

Awe @Deebo420, this might be a bit late. I'm a cheapo bra, i made my own humidipak after speaking to a lady at sturks in town. She said to get a sponge, wet it, squeeze all the excess water and put it in the jar.

My RH in my jars were at 56%, 5 days later they were at 66% took the sponges out and a week later they're hovering @ 62/63%

The sponge was R5 ;D

File_2017-04-09_09_58_32.thumb.jpeg.006b04b6ee4e3f7c86d5a73b9eac851d.jpeg

• 7 months later...

Awe this might be a bit late. I'm a cheapo bra, i made my own humidipak after speaking to a lady at sturks in town. She said to get a sponge, wet it, squeeze all the excess water and put it in the jar.

My RH in my jars were at 56%, 5 days later they were at 66% took the sponges out and a week later they're hovering @ 62/63%

The sponge was R5 ;D

Sorry for the continued necro.... That's pretty sweet! Thanks m8! How'd the sponges hold up? Any dodgy growth?

I have one of the little hygrometers which are used in humidors. It is calibrated at 65% by moistening salt in a soda cap and shoving in a ziplock bag. Seems to lineup with your 66% sponge readings. I wonder what would be the best bet at not absorbing scent and flavour, as some peeps say the humidipaks do... perhaps need to scour some cigar forums :investigating

Awe ouens! It actually worked befuck hey narnia[/member]. I got the advise from a lady that works at Sturks here in town. They were outta stock of the boveda's, so she says to me, "take a sponge or some oasis and moisten it, shake all the water out and put it in the cigar box, it's the same thing".

My skyf didn't taste funny or different from the jar that didn't need the moisture.

Barticle[/member] the baggie is there to keep the moist sponge from touching my buds. The bag is open ;)

Awe ouens! It actually worked befuck hey narnia[/member]. I got the advise from a lady that works at Sturks here in town. They were outta stock of the boveda's, so she says to me, "take a sponge or some oasis and moisten it, shake all the water out and put it in the cigar box, it's the same thing".

My skyf didn't taste funny or different from the jar that didn't need the moisture.

Barticle[/member] the baggie is there to keep the moist sponge from touching my buds. The bag is open ;)

That's great, how long did you keep them in the jars? Until the bud was consumed?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Left it in the jars until the RH was at 67%. Took about a day to hit 64% and stayed there JustinHemp420[/member]

When the RH dropped, I just put it back for a day or two.

Thanks bud, one more thing. How were you able to read the RH in the jars did you have a small little reader or a probe?

Left it in the jars until the RH was at 67%. Took about a day to hit 64% and stayed there JustinHemp420[/member]

Thanks bud, one more thing. How were you able to read the RH in the jars did you have a small little reader or a probe?

I put one of those mini hygrometers in each jar Sir

I put one of those mini hygrometers in each jar Sir

Do you have a pic pls bud, and what did they set u back each?

Awe JustinHemp420[/member]. TBH, i can't remember. I think it was like R80 each. But if you can wait, get it on wish. Check the links. One is for Bid or Buy and the other is from wish. It's the same thing.

R28 https://www.wish.com/c/57b4014120f28f419bdbe5f5

R45+R55 https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/312103606/Mini_Digital_LCD_Thermometer_Humidity_Meter_Gauge_Hygrometer_Indoor.html

Untitled.jpg.9745adbc798e7eb369c5080148273e33.jpg

Awe JustinHemp420[/member]. TBH, i can't remember. I think it was like R80 each. But if you can wait, get it on wish. Check the links. One is for Bid or Buy and the other is from wish. It's the same thing.

R28 https://www.wish.com/c/57b4014120f28f419bdbe5f5

R45+R55 https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/312103606/Mini_Digital_LCD_Thermometer_Humidity_Meter_Gauge_Hygrometer_Indoor.html

Shot man, thanks for the info

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...