Is growing mj addictive?

zairek

• 2 years later...

Sjoe! No takers lol... 

I wouldn't say it's addictive in the sense that I neeeeeeeeed weed and will suck a D for a gram.. 

But my GF says I get very agro in my voice and become very agitated if I don't have any for a few days... 

But addictive? Nah..

I can stop now... But why would I want to 😂

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Stinger96 said:

Growing is most certainly addictive..:-stoned

The product... well emotionally and sycosimatically I would say yes... But I go cold turkey regularly and can go any amount of time if I put my mind to it.. Cigarettes is far more addictive and lethal..

:-peace

Probably also depends on your personality.

Oh! Yes... Growing is addictive lol... The more I research the more parts and amendments I need and crave... I often find myself thinking about my grow before I go to sleep... And very often lose attention and daydream about growing... Mid convo at times... 

HI! my name is Richard, and I'm a growing addict. 

It's so bad, my girlfriend has banned me from any shopping isle with lights or fans or anything that could possibly be used to grow with... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I certainly think so, more so than the cannabis itself!

It's a fun hobby, perhaps with time I may tired of it as it becomes more of a hassle than a fun activity - we shall see and only time will tell.

For now it is fun, keeping me busy (perhaps too much) and certainly draining my money.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Growing is DIK addictive! I spent about two hours the other night “planning” my next Season...and that was just deciding what Seeds to pop!

The better You get the more addictive it is too as there will always be a next goal You are trying to achieve!

This Season it’s:

Organic Nutes
Raised Beds
Autos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 2:45 PM, ini_wock_za said:

Growing is DIK addictive! I spent about two hours the other night “planning” my next Season...and that was just deciding what Seeds to pop! emoji263.png

The better You get the more addictive it is too as there will always be a next goal You are trying to achieve!

This Season it’s:

Organic Nutes
Raised Beds
Autos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's me to a T! I literally spend my days using every opportunity to think about my grow and how to improve and what to buy next hahaha!! 

Damn money constraints... I could easily be the happiest man alive if my job was to grow weed 

• Agree 2

On 6/27/2019 at 12:00 PM, CreX said:

Oh! Yes... Growing is addictive lol... The more I research the more parts and amendments I need and crave... I often find myself thinking about my grow before I go to sleep... And very often lose attention and daydream about growing... Mid convo at times... 

HI! my name is Richard, and I'm a growing addict. 

It's so bad, my girlfriend has banned me from any shopping isle with lights or fans or anything that could possibly be used to grow with... 

HAHAHAHA, DITTO! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

I woke up this morning as so fridge alarm went off at work (1am). Was standing watching them grow till 3am.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Dude... The standing and staring thing is a real problem yo!! 

My gf calls me a creep when I do this hahaha 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Hahaha, glad it is not just me who watches over the plants pointlessly for a bit.

It's actually rather therapeutic. I have actually yet to do it stoned, although imagine that would lead to a lot of time passing with me just watching.

I literally stand and stare... A whole hour can pass without me even moving... Occasionally I'll swoop in real close and inspect a leaf and then swoop out and resume my stare... 

Personally, I think they like the attention and or my presence 😆

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...
I literally stand and stare... A whole hour can pass without me even moving... Occasionally I'll swoop in real close and inspect a leaf and then swoop out and resume my stare... 

Personally, I think they like the attention and or my presence

Done this numerous times!

And I definitely agree that growing is addictive, driven by the outcome.

I grow ganja, bru...Growing ganja is an art - an art that even people shit at art can do.

It takes a special kind of craft - one of binding yourself to another life, to try to make for it the best form of life.

Its a neurotics therapy and I am extremely neurotic - but when I have a grow going and have time to sit and have a joint with my plants, I am not anxious anymore and my negativity and obsessiveness is absorbed there. It's my point of entry to a secret life filled with clandestine projects, experiments, adventures and even anonymous encounters...beautifully seditious pleasures (will I lose that when its legal for reaI?). There is also always something new to learn, or an idea I want to try to implement (the next time round). And I am always getting better. Wiser even - because I am learning the limits of my control over the grow.  

But I also complain about my grow all the time. Bitch! the truth is I hate my grow, and I wish that fucking thing would get done already... It is a trap binding me to a place - "be there everyday". A labour of obligation that is never done. The promise of more that will only pay out in full the next time around. An obsession that costs and now a different source of anxiety (because who knows when the cops are going to come knocking on the door (again)). Then it happens...a broken cola, an infestation, lockout... and my grow breaks my heart.

I want nothing to do with this bitch...

So I am done (almost). The grow will soon be chopped...but like a junkie jonesing for a needle, all I can think about is which girls are going under my new 1000w Gavita next, and which system will be crafted to nurture them through my training. But I am taking my time and testing the patience of my still fulll jars. I'm not going to overdose. Not again.

Edited by DankFiend
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

" If you think smoking weed is addictive try growing it. "

Of course its addictive, an obsession and art form. I think the whole process is an art form, each person has their own methods for better growing, popping seeds and even harvest/extraction. Some people play music, some only do things on full moon ( I believe it ) . Something I do which is creepy is I brush my hand through my females, I think they like it and there is method behind the madness. Actually decorating my outdoor garden with upcycled animal skulls today to try and keep the monkeys away and keep an eye on my girls. Even my gf is not allowed into my garden, its very much a personal space for me. Like a studio.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The greenhouse is my personal space, to enjoy one of my serious hobbies, helps to switch off, unplug and slow shit down a bit and I can get lost in there....
My prettier half shares my passion for the herb and we share the responsibilities. She's got the trimming(with my assistance) drying and curing down to an artsy type of science.

I even enjoy the sourcing of organic ingredients and amendments as part of the endeavour. I love looking for and finding alternatives especially if they are free, just go look in nature. (Many times a lot more sweat involved) Then even the mixing of my soil turns into a therapeutic exercise.

At the end of the day we can enjoy pure, clean, tasty and organic herb that we grew ourselves.
That is something that you cannot put a price on.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I knew I wasnt alone!  I also spend way too much time in the grow room. When I started off I kept on dialing things in and I thought that in time as things get sorted I would spend less time there, but I must be honest it increases. Oh yeah and then I got a greenhouse, I am surprised my wife is still here 😛

• Like 1

Haha lol, my wife thinks I'm smoking crack, she does not care about my growing, never wants to see things to do with my plants but, when harvest comes she asks where her jars ? I can spend hours just staring , she says I look like a serial killer , it is by far one of my favorite hobby I have partaken in , the reward with a successful harvest, knowing that you can nurture and nourish a plant of this earth to its full potential is amazing, this lockdown in my grow room is going better, only thing keeping me sane lol.

• Like 3