MCC Proposed Medicinal Cannabis Guidelines - Up for public comment

I haven't had a proper read of the document yet but I strongly urge anyone wanting to apply for cultivation to be very cautious about doing so, in fact I would only suggest it if you are not currently growing or intend to grow in the near distant future. Not sure if there is a disclaimer on the said document but if there isn't, who knows where your details will end up...

Agreed. Just a small example is the guideline in the attached image. I'm sure the majority of the growers in this country who are capable of producing medical grade weed are users themselves. Will the MCC constitute daily or frequent use of cannabis as a drug addiction? Very likely yes. Then there's the drug tests which pretty much cuts us out right there, if cannabis will still be classified as an illicit drug then that's that, unless you're willing to give up your self medication to medicate others. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see anything about patients being able to grow their own medical bud. Huge amount of money to be saved if patients can grow their own

I think we'll still have a substantial underground medical cannabis movement in this country like we have now, even when the legal industry hits full swing.

All we can do is wait on the High Court Dagga case verdict :-meditate

Image_3.png.19ed11f9ed050c06faf73f4a8bb4a975.png

• 3 weeks later...