New grower

Hertzzz

Good day all

I am very pleased to have joined this forum.

This is my first time growing my own, been smoking for nearly 4 years, but this going to dangerous dodge places for a bankie is not worth the bankie, and then you don't know what you are smoking, one day just your eyes will get rid the other it will make you eat a dozen pizza slices.

Well anyway, lets move on to my grow, germinated a few bag seeds (buying is a bit to expensive for me now) got some random potting soil at garden shop, could not find these you guys are using in my town, have not gotten any nutes yet, will nutes for vegetables work?

Got 2 36w t5 unit from a fishtank, one is 6500k and the other one is 4000k, also got 6 20w cfl globes also 6500k, did order 3 led grow lights 30w each which I am still waiting for.

I got a space of 1600l by 500w by 700h, how many plants would I be able to get in there with scorg method.

Also can I use pots that is rectangular and plant in 2 trees, its 700l by 350w by 300deep, or do I need larger pots.

Lastly, saw some international pages and forums got a seed classified and trading pages, is here in SA a group like that?

Awe mase kiners

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Welcome @Hertz :-stoned

Bag seeds is a good way to start and learn. I did the same and made plenty of mistakes, which is expected. :sillyass

The vegetable nutrients will be fine to start out with, just be careful because it will usually make your soil "hot" in the beginning.

Average potting soil is not ideal but will work if you aerate it well with perlite so that you have good drainage. Watch out for bugs in your soil.

Your lighting seems sufficient, more lights equals more heat.

I reckon you could get away with 2 plants (with scrog) in that space depending on the unknown strains. 10 - 15l pots should be fine to start out with.

Lessons that I've learned with my first grow:

DONT Overwater & Be patient :poke

If you add too much nutrients in soil its not easy to adjust it afterward. You need to let the soil "cook" for at least 8 weeks so that your plants dont experience nutrient burn.

If you cannot keep your temperature in your grow area consistently below 25deg then you going to have problems. Climate control is a big factor in a succesful grow.

There is no seed classifieds on this forum. Most member buy from international seed banks and some buy locally.

You will find lots of useful information on this page to guide you as well. Dont be afraid to use the search function.

Good luck with your grow! :thumbups

Thanks for the welcome

I do have a problem with temp here in the North West, its been mostly in the 35 region, but under the table with fan on I manage to keep it to 23 with 40-50% humidity, still haveto install a exhaust and carbon filter, just trying to get the seeds to grow first lol.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HI Hz, looking nice and green. im no expert, but i am not sure if its too late in the season to put a plant in the veg stage outdoors. i guess there is also the question of your location, but lets wait and see what the gurus have to say...:-meditate holding thumbs for beautiful girls