Too late for outdoor grow?

Sativa

I have had the idea to grow some outdoor in my garden for some time. I started last year and germinated some seeds in a tupperware bucket in some cotton wool. This was done after a floating test and all the seeds germinated. So when they started growing I read that the time was wrong and it wouldn't work. This brings me to NOW.

Do you think it's too later to try my first attempt now? I live in a complex with my own garden, but I would like to keep the plants small-ish. If now is an ok time to plant the seeds or germinated seeds in a few days or so, what would you suggest, grow them in pots of directly in the ground?

The seeds I want to get going is from stuff I got throughout the year, so I'm not 100% sure which is which, just know I didn't save crappy seeds.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

My seeds are in the ground and now I wait. This time I will let them grow and learn a bit till I'm confident to grow my own.

I think there is about 10 - 15 seeds in the ground, hopefully I will have a few plants coming up.

Will keep you posted as it progresses.

• 1 month later...

Right, I have four plants that came out. The best looking one is about 65cm and looking very healthy after all the rain we had. One of the plants look a bit unhappy and also looks like it making seeds, so I will keep an eye on that one. Is that a sign of it being male? I will try and post pics, last time I just gave up and rolled one. I don't want to post pics that will lead whoever to my domains, so pics probably won't be coming soon(unfortunately).

If the pics work, please advise on condition of the one that looks like seeds. Does it look like it might be a male? I'm sure part of the nutrition problem might be that I just planted it in a smallish pot and not in the ground like the other two. If the pics don't show, sorry for all this.

20170227_113850.thumb.jpg.4b29226e8e13e6a1c014234060453b33.jpg

20170227_113910.thumb.jpg.1b44f8ba537d6f6545df76880bfe70c5.jpg

Some more news from my garden.

I took out two males and have one female busy flowering for about a week now at about 70cm. That is one smelly lady ;)

The other very healthy fat looking one hasn't shown any signs of flowering. I have about 24 brick up from the planter it in then my neighbor will start to see my plant grow over his wall. The plant was just over 8 bricks high last week, bow it's past 10 and still no sign of letting off. I think I will have to start training it sideways otherwise maybe a top? Is it perhaps too late for a top? It's been in the ground since 3 Jan if that helps. These are seeds I collected from nice stuff I smoked, so it should hopefully be good, but there is no way of knowing if this plant is going to grow to the sun, or just for another week or two.

Advice would be appreciated.

I will give up on this stupid idea of posting images. I've tried attaching images, that didn't work out for me. Then tried the method that is in the help section on Photobucket (which I registered at just to post these pics), still doesn't want to work. So........ I will just leave it and go roll a Sour OG and calm the f^$@# down.

I'm done trying to post pics here, so if someone really wants to help, send me a PM. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to send the person and they can post it.

lol dude sorry to read about your frustrations. It can be tricky posting on forums as they're not as simplified as social networks are

I fixed your link so your pic is showing now. In future, on photobucket, copy and paste the share link in the IMG box that you can see in the pic below

edit: also when attaching pics to posts make sure they are fully uploaded before you submit the post

screen.png.d07b0fdb5902d9f9eb5bfa2e3e3fa3f9.png

lol dude sorry to read about your frustrations. It can be tricky posting on forums as they're not as simplified as social networks are

I fixed your link so your pic is showing now. In future, on photobucket, copy and paste the share link in the IMG box that you can see in the pic below

edit: also when attaching pics to posts make sure they are fully uploaded before you submit the post

My problem with that is that all those links and URL's are greyed out and can't be selected. I was just going to try one last time by editing the link, I noticed that the link in PB starts with url=httpxxxxxxxxx and think I might have just pasted the link from the addressbar out of frustration.

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated :thumbups

We noticed this weekend that the larger of my two plants are starting to flower. Now in a few days I will probably see if it's a keeper or a tosser.

I already have the one lady well on it's way with buds, if this is also a female, I might just have enough to last me a bit. Maybe even till my next batch is harvested :-puffin:rastabanana

Ah bad news, it seems the larger plant has now developed a lot of seeds. So I guess of the 5 seeds I planted, only one turned out female. I also think that the yield on the one remaining female might be small because I planted beginning January.

Some lessons learned on this my first grow. 1) Plant more seeds to get more female plants. 2) Don't wait too long before removing the males. 2) Maybe get seeds from seed bank and work with known strains and known growing characteristics. 3) Prep the growing area well in advance to ensure great nutrient supply in the ground.

Sorry to hear bru, We live n learn I guess !!! Keep at it and you will get the hang of it!!! Order some decent genetics online also check out totemics super soil mix and invest in the ingredients u can get ur hands on, again some online shops sell a lot of what you need, its def worth the time and effort.

So yesterday I removed the last male, so sad too bad. Yes we live and we learn gdogg, so right.

I have high hopes for my last remaining plant, just watered it and took some pics to see what is happening to the trichomes. The majority seems to be milky whereas it was mostly clear a week or two ago. I will give it some Nitrosol because I have that. Next grow will be different, I will start treating the soil a month or two before planting, and I'll get some of the right nutrients. Who knows, I might just buy seeds too :-hilarious

Update & Question

This being my first plant ever, I'm very excited to be coming closer to the end of the grow phase. Just took a look now and my guess is that close to 50% of the pistils is curled and not white any more. On closer inspection the the finer hairs are definitely white and noticeably different to clear. This I verified with a camera and compared pics.

So, my question and I know there probably isn't a definite answer, but roughly how long still? How many weeks (guestimate) do I still have before I can harvest and start the curing process? I planted the seed 3 Jan which was 12 weeks ago yesterday.

Thanks in advance. Hope to get a fast reply  ;D

Maybe just take a small piece of bud off the plant and fast dry it, then have a test if it's what you like then harvest, it will obviously develop better flavour and smoke with a proper cure but u can at least judge what the high will be like. There is some really interesting info out there about when the right time is to harvest as there is a lot going on chemically in the bud certain chemicals develop and change as the plant matures.

Sent from my E5303 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I would really like to do the best harvest and cure on this little plant, mainly because it's only going to be a few grams, it would be nice to have the best few grams I could grow. So I just take a photo of the trichomes and try and figure out when they start going amber.

I have to say, with the way things are going now, I can't wait to start my next outdoor grow with the laws changing. It might change the size of trees I grow for sure :-puffin

I have been trying to get a pic nice enough to make out if the trichomes are turning amber, but somehow my pics come out all blurry. Today I'll go search for a magnifying glass rather than risk having the perfect time to harvest pass.

If I get nice pics I'll definitely post them.